Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (KVMRT) UNDERGROUND (UG)
- Winner of the International Safety Award year 2015 (with Distinction) from the British Safety Council
- Honorary for Safety and Health year 2015 during construction MRT TRX Station, 2015 by Department of Occupational Safety and Health.
- Winner for Technical Innovation of the Year Category for the Variable Density Tunnel Boring Machine (VD TBM), International Tunnelling and Underground Space Awards 2014
THE ELECTRIFIED DOUBLE TRACK PROJECT IPOH TO PADANG BESAR
- Best Major Infrastructure Project (Special Mention) Malaysian Construction Industry Excellence Awards (MCIEA) 2015
- Construction Category, National Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Excellence Award 2012
STORMWATER MANAGEMENT & ROAD TUNNEL (SMART)
- Kuala Lumpur Mayor Design Award, Majlis Apresiasi Reka Bentuk Datuk Bandar Kuala Lumpur 2015
- SMART, Best International Project, British Construction Industry Award year 2011
- Design & Construction Excellence Award, Institution of Engineers Malaysia, 2011
- Best Contractor Award, CIDB Malaysian Construction Industry Excellence Award, 2011
- Special Award for Innovation, CIDB Malaysian Construction Industry Excellence Award, 2011
- Special Award for Environment, CIDB Malaysian Construction Industry Excellence Award, 2011
- Special Award for National Contribution, Malaysia Property Award, International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI), Malaysian Chapter, 2011
- Specialised Project (Purpose Built) Category, Runner Up, FIABCI Prix d’Excellence Awards, International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI), 2011
- United Nations Scroll of Honour Award, World Habitat Day, 2011
The Prime Minister of Malaysia Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib bin Tun Abdul Razak launched the fully-assembled Variable Density Tunnel Boring Machine (VD TBM) at the Cochrane Launch Shaft, heralding the start of tunnelling works for the Klang Valley Mass Rapid Transit (Sungai Buloh – Kajang Line) (KVMRT, SBK Line).
The first of four units of the one-of-its-kind in the world Variable Density Tunnel Boring Machine (VD TBM) was assembled at the Cochrane Launch Shaft in Kuala Lumpur. The world-class mechanised tunnelling technology innovation was a result of partnership and co-development between the world’s biggest TBM manufacturer Herrenknecht A.G. in Germany and Malaysian consortium MMC Gamuda Joint Venture.
MMC Gamuda KVMRT (T) Sdn Bhd signed the RM8.28 billion underground works contract for the KVMRT, SBK Line. MRT Corp CEO Dato’ Azhar Abdul Hamid signed the contract on behalf of MRT Corporation Sdn Bhd, while MMC Gamuda KVMRT (T) Sdn Bhd was represented by Gamuda Berhad Deputy Group Managing Director Dato’ Ha Tiing Tai and MMC Group Managing Director Datuk Hj. Hasni Harun.
MMC Gamuda KVMRT (T) Sdn Bhd was awarded the 9.5km underground tunnelling contract for the MRT, Mass Rapid Transit (Sungai Buloh-Kajang Line) by MRT Corporation worth RM8.2 billion.
The MRT, Mass Rapid Transit project was officially launched by Malaysian Prime Minister, Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Razak at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. Actual civil works for the project was expected to commence in November 2011.
MMC Gamuda KVMRT (T) Sdn Bhd was incorporated.
MMC Gamuda received the official letter of award to inform that we were appointed as the Project Delivery Partner (PDP) for the development of the MRT, Mass Rapid Transit. As the PDP, MMC Gamuda Joint Venture will assume responsibility for the delivery of the project within target cost and completion dates, as well as dividing works packages, calling for tenders on behalf of the Government, evaluating bids, selecting works package contractors and awarding contracts to works contractors on behalf of the Government.
Malaysian Government approved the Klang Valley Mass Transit (KVMRT) project that was proposed by us. Set to be the largest public transport system project in Malaysia, it will be largely operational in 2020 and fully operational in 2030.
MMC Gamuda KVMRT (PDP) Sdn Bhd was incorporated.
MMC Gamuda Joint Venture receives possession of the site and begins work on the Electrified Double Track Project, Ipoh to Padang Besar. The RM12.485 billion project involves the realignment and construction of electrified double rail tracks that span 329km across four northern states of Perak, Penang, Kedah, and Perlis in Peninsula Malaysia.
The world’s first dual-purpose Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART Tunnel) was successfully completed.
Gemilang TBM (Gemilang in Bahasa Malaysia means “splendid”), celebrated its final breakthrough at the Storage Reservoir in Taman Desa for the Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART Tunnel) project. Total tunnelled distance was 3.97km.
Gemilang TBM (Gemilang in Bahasa Malaysia means “splendid”), the southbound 13.26m-diameter Slurry Mix-Shield Tunnel Boring Machine – achieved its first breakthrough at the South Junction Box in Sungai Besi for the Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART Tunnel) project. It achieved a world record of completing 12 tunnel rings per day (12.36m) for large diameter TBMs, under the extremely challenging tropical karstic limestone condition.
December 2004: Tuah TBM (Tuah in Bahasa Malaysia means “good fortune”), the northbound 13.26m-diameter Slurry Mix-Shield Tunnel Boring Machine – the largest ever used in South-East Asia then, celebrated its breakthrough at the North Junction Box in Jalan Cochrane. The first of two TBMs to be launched for the Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART Tunnel) project, Tuah TBM mined a total excavated distance of 5.36km within six months under the highly unpredictable tropical karstic limestone geological formation. It achieved a world record of completing 66 tunnel rings per week (112 meters) for large diameter TBMs.
MMC Gamuda Joint Venture received letter from the Government of Malaysia to inform that the Government has decided to postpone the entire EDTP until further notice.
Syarikat Mengurus Air Banjir & Terowong Sdn Bhd (SMART Sdn Bhd), a 50% associate company of Gamuda, signed the Construction cum Concession Agreement with the Government of Malaysia for the implementation of the SMART Project. The SMART Project has a total construction cost of RM1.933 billion, which involves:
- The design, construction and commissioning of the stormwater channel
- The design, construction and commissioning of a double-deck motorway (Motorway); and
- A 40-year concession for SMART Sdn Bhd to operate and collect toll on the Motorway.
Signed a Shareholders’ Agreement with Malaysia Mining Corporation Berhad (MMC) to regulate their rights and liabilities inter se as shareholders of the company which will undertake, carry out and implement the RM14.448 billion Electrified Double-Tracking Project between Ipoh-Padang Besar and Seremban-Johor Bahru (2T Project) pursuant to the Letter of Award dated 21 October 2003 issued by the Government of Malaysia.
Signed an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Joint Venture Agreement with MMC to form an unincorporated joint venture for the purpose of undertaking and implementing the Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (SMART) Project as an EPC Contractor.
On the same day, we signed a Deed of Revocation with MMC Engineering Group Berhad, a subsidiary of MMC, in relation to the Joint Venture Agreement dated 26 July 2002.